Hairdresser traumas

Here's a tip for hairdressers from a mother of five, working and studying and doing a billion other things.

DON'T HASSLE HER ABOUT HER SPLIT ENDS AND THE NEED TO COME TO THE HAIRDRESSER MORE OFTEN!

It doesn't make her want to go to get her hair cut because she has to be all apologetic and feels the pressure to give substantial reasons for her slackness.  So she puts it off and off and then it gets worse so then the hair looks worse.

However, this woman finally decided that things were desperate enough that she'd crawl back and get a haircut.

Not the favourite thing to do - time-consuming (what is with that head massage? - just rinse out the conditioner already), inane chit-chat, getting a half burnt head by an apprentice blow drying the hair, and then the trauma of having to sit in front of the mirror that shows the rapidly ageing face in all it's glory.

Hair does look nice though.

Comments

Pip said…
Could be that I just live in the sticks and go to very average hairdressers...but I have found that if you ask they are willing to just cut your hair and to skip the wash and blow dry. Saves time, money and a crook neck from those horrible hairwashing chairs
Heather said…
I was tactless enough to inform my hairdresser that I liked going to the hairdresser as much as going to the dentist. She's stopped harassing me so perhaps it was worth it.
Sarah S said…
My best hairdresser story is the time that it took me 12 minutes to drive to the hairdresser, get a haircut and drive home. And it only cost me $10. And this was a professional hairdresser! I think he was keen to get back to his cigarette and gossip outside the shop.
Merrin said…
Also dont't try and sell her "a hair gel you really need" that cost $60, or she will laugh in your face - I really did!!

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating