The inner thought processes of a desperate mother
1. Is that a nit or is it just dirt?
2. How long has this piece of craft/artwork/piece of metal from the side of the road, been sitting here for? Can I throw it in the recycling without consequences?
3. When was the last time the kids had a bath? Yesterday I think. Oh good, they can survive today without one.
4. That floor really needs sweeping but if I wait until later it will be even dirtier and that will make it feel more worthwhile.
5. (operating on the same principle). Those clothes need folding but if I wait until the washing on the line for today is dry then it will be more efficient to do it all at once.
6. I think that nappy should last a bit longer without exploding.
7. Do I really have to cook AGAIN?
8. Didn't I just pick that up off the floor and put it away?
9. Oh no, the craft is out ...
10. Isn't it bedtime yet?