I used to be so TOGETHER - what happened?!!

I used to be able to keep on top of everything.  Well - no longer!

Take yesterday morning for example.  Another instance of top parenting by Jenny.

I am woken at 7.20 am by the sound of my front door opening.  I suddenly realise in that instant that the older kids are supposed to be leaving for their 7.30 band at school.  And I was supposed to be getting them up to do this because Rowan had already left at 6.30 am.  Well, I stumble out of bed to the sight of my daughter walking out the door saying, 'I have to go, bye and I left you a note'.  I turn around to see my son stumbling out of bed with the same realisation as me - he is supposed to be at band NOW!  By some miracle he managed to get dressed, packed and shoved a piece of toast down while I quickly drove him to school to arrive at 7.31 am. Impressive!

Note to self:  make sure alarm is set.

Note to husband:  don't turn the alarm off

Note to daughter:  you are amazingly independent and seem to survive despite your mother!

Comments

Motherhugger said…
The first practice this term I found out about choir at 7.50 - it starts at 8, but we managed to get there. So, why is this child the last out the door every day she need to be there at 9??

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating