Shopping Day

In August I talked about a great day out with my little girl.  I vaguely remember that day, but it was all a tad different today.

I went into Spotlight three times to just buy a couple of items for a quilt I'm sewing.  Three times?  First time I go in and I almost make to the fabric section when the cry of "I need to go to the toilet - I'm BUSTING" goes up.  OK - so we wander around for a while and find the toilet.

I try to go back a second time but then the cry (repeatedly) of "But I'm HUNGRY - really hungry Mum", so we get something to eat.

Third time - I actually make it to the material, find what I want but then a very loud cry of "I need to go the toilet Mum" goes up.  To which I reply "But didn't you just go?".  "Mum, this is a POO (top of voice) - it's different this time".

Lovely.  My glamourous life continues on.

Oh, and I did finally get the material, but now I'm not so sure about the colour in natural light ...

Comments

Jenny, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Can sympathise.... it's not much fun when you're in the supermarket with an overflowing trolley either. I am just super impressed that you are sewing a quilt!! Will love to see it when you've finished
As they say here, ánimo! be encouraged, sister!
love, Rebecca

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating