My trip

My friend & I are planning a couple of child free days
to visit Venice (and it's flooded ...)
Been a bit quiet here recently as I'm madly trying to get both organised for my trip overseas and have everything done for Christmas before I leave.

I'm going to Florence, Italy to visit some dear friends of mine who are missionaries, working with university students.  They've lived there for 10 years with their four children and I've always wanted to go and visit but many years of small children and limited income have meant that wasn't possible.

So when my friend suggested that I should now come and I thought about it, and thought why not?  All a bit spur of the moment, but I felt that there would always be reasons why I couldn't do it, so I decided to just go for it.

It's meant creating a long list of things to do, like get a passport, decent luggage, some thermals - I don't know why but the list seems long!  I really always believed it was possible to just jump on a plane and go, but apparently not so.

And I'm getting home on Christmas Eve so I'm getting all the Christmas presents done before I go.  All with juggling work, music exams, concerts, end of year things.  I think I have something on every night in the week before I leave.

I'm working on deep breathing, efficient list making and telling myself it will all be OK if I don't get it all done.

Never a dull moment at my end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating