Venice

I hadn't thought heaps about our jaunt to Venice but just that it sounded fun going on our own. I'd never been there before and it was so different to any other place I've been to in my life. It is a photographers paradise (my friend is very artistic and has a great eye so she was very busy).

We caught a fast train from Florence to Venice (went at 300km/hr which is somewhat disconcerting at times) and as soon as you step out of the station, bam, you're there, looking at a church on a canal.

We spent the whole time fascinated by how you function in a city with no roads. We saw the postie boat, the police boat, ambulance boat, DHL boat, the builder's boat. We also spent a lot of time walking and getting lost. The streets are very narrow (only two people can walk side-by-side) and they all start to look the same after a while.

Anyway, glad I've seen it. Wasn't feeling any big loss in my life having not seen it before, but Venice is quite unique.

Only a couple more days and I'm back on that very long plane trip home. Missing my family terribly and even though they seem to be going ok without me, I think we'll all be pleased to be reunited.

 

Comments

Richard said…
Fonzies is it over there, I think I prefer the proper name ;)
Glad you had such a good time with Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating