Thursday, October 22, 2009
10 things I should probably really care about if I was a proper mother...*
2. My 7 year old hasn't read a home reader aloud to me all year (but gets lots of practice with her baby sister - that counts doesn't it?!)
3. My 5 1/2 year old who starts school next year has a dodgy pencil grip
4. My 11 year old can't tie his shoelaces (I think - I haven't asked recently).
5. My kids don't eat from the fruit platter at playgroup
6. My son takes fairy bread sandwiches to preschool for lunch
7. Mummy doesn't have special days where the kids get alone time with Mummy. Mummy just really, really needs to be ALONE ...
8. Sometimes my kids get bored - VERY bored and ... I don't provide activities for them.
9. My 5 1/2 year old still wears night nappies - we are very lazy and tired and don't want to get up at night anymore than necessary to sort it out.
And ... drum roll ... (worst is last)
10. My kids don't make their beds
* Source: 11 years of conversations at playgroup/preschool/church/school