Monday, January 30, 2012

My baby starts school

On her first birthday

And my baby starts school tomorrow.  I was feeling cool as school about the whole thing and my husband was going to take her because I have a new job.

But I suddenly thought 'I can't do this.  I need to be there.  A little bit for her.  But mainly for me'.  My new boss is a lovely, generous lady who said, 'of course, you need time for these transitions'.

So I can be there tomorrow.  I can take lots of photos.  I truly can't believe this day has come - after all this time being at home with little people.

Don't think I'll cry.  I'm excited for her.  She's excited and school is such fun.  I just need to be there to sign off this era of my life.

4 comments:

Kath said...

That's great that you can go. Enjoy it.
My son is starting kindergarten this year, too :)

Karen said...

What a wonderful boss! I'm so glad that you can take her to school tomorrow. We're praying that she has a fantastic first day. xxx

Karen said...

How lovely of your boss to give you the time off for this. I hope you really enjoy the signing off process, it still seems such a long way off for me but I'm sure it won't seem that way when I get there!

Sandra said...

Hopefully it won't be a let down like kindergarten day 1 with Miss Julia - I got to the door of the classroom and she said 'you can go now, goodbye.' David got the same treatment at day one of year 7 yesterday - she gave him a discrete but obvious nudge with her elbow and sent him in the direction of the gate. Memorable but not at all a sentimental moment.